Quit facebook

30.10.2011

Yesterday, I had quit facebook. And with almost 800 friends. That is self-explanatory about how I was addicted to it. BUT my very dear friend S persuaded me to quit it and now I feel better about myself.
I want to discuss the effects of getting a facebook or quitting it and becoming an addict, how you CAN'T possibly quit it easily.

Firstly they have a very persistent system that wouldn't allow you to quit so easily. It gives like 14 days for you to decide whether you want to really quit or you want to come back. If you login, it activates itself again and it takes the quitting as deactivating. If you can make it up through the 14-day test, all your info will be deleted, and you can not go back.

Well I'm at my second day, I guess I better stop counting the days because without facebook the time passes so slowly. I realized how much time I have been killing. Poor me. When you really think about it, you can go to a community or a club or sth and socialize a whole lot there. That you don't need facebook actually but it is so easy. I think once I get my data deleted, I won't be going back so this 14 days thing is really a test of willpower to me.

I'm thinking about how I will use the time I've been wasting on facebook, if you have any ideas don't ever hesitate! I think I am going to be meeting more friends in the real world, going swimming more, maybe having a new hobby. I don't know. Of course I'll be writing more on my blog.

Some of my friends told me to just lessen the time that I've been spending on facebook but it just doesn't work that way. Once you login, you want to check almost anything, or chat to someone etc. When you say give me a break, whoops almost 3 hours went to waste already. You promise yourself you'll concentrate this time and study, and you say let me have a break. Another 1 hour goes to waste.

It may be due to my weak willpower or whatever, I'm aware of that and that's why I totally quit facebook, if I did something else I knew I was going to start it all over again.

It is like about an alcoholic moving to a country that alcohol is not sold. It is an absolute solution.

I hope any of the time killers on facebook like me would be able to quit it because in the real world, there are a lot more adventures and people awaits for you.

9 comments:

  • kitten says:
    10/30/2011 2:25 ÖS

    hate your new layout!! definitely weak willpower :)

  • S. I. says:
    10/30/2011 2:32 ÖS

    can, ben mi dedim sana "quit" diye? vallah hatırlamıyorum. demiş olamam çünkü ben facebooktan haberleşiyorum biliyosun arkadaşlarımla. neyse bundan sonra saat başı aramak zorundasın beni=) yarın para yatacak bana allahım inşallah. o zaman 30 evet yanlış duymadın 30 liralık kontör alacağım. sanırım bulimik olacağım yakında. aynanın karşısına geçip karnımı şişirmeye başladım bile. yarın tartılayım bakalım, 59 olmadıysam da bundan sonra hiç bişe yemem. hah, al sana feysbuk chat yaptım burayı.

  • Can says:
    10/30/2011 2:36 ÖS

    kitten how dare you, but yeah you're right. I hope you'll be supporting me on this matter.

    Hayatımdaki tek 'S' sen değilsin ama önemli bir 'S'sin :) Ama rica ederim yapma burayı face chat. Msn e girerim şimdi..

  • S. I. says:
    10/30/2011 2:39 ÖS

    ha tamam nasıl da aklıma gelmedi. Bekliyorum hadi mesene.

  • Facebook says:
    10/30/2011 7:19 ÖS

    Facebooku kapatman hicbir seye yaramaz kafandaki facebooku kapatmadigin surece

  • Can says:
    10/31/2011 2:49 ÖÖ

    Kafamdaki facebook'u da kapatmaya çalışıyorum zaten. İlk başta facebook hesabımı kapatmaktan başladım bu işe.

  • Adsız says:
    11/10/2011 4:23 ÖÖ

    What do you think about your 800 friends then??? How will you connect with them...

  • Adsız says:
    11/22/2011 9:49 ÖÖ

    wow

  • Adsız says:
    11/22/2011 9:49 ÖÖ

    wow wow

Yorum Gönder

Come on, just this much?!

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.

Popular products

Follow me

Blogger news

Blogroll